New Year’s Day and New Year’s Eve are all about starting over, getting a fresh outlook, and looking ahead to the year to come.
Great quotations can help you express the joy and hope you feel during the New Year’s season. Funny quotes can be amusing for New Years Eve parties. Goodbye 2017, Happy New Year 2018!
These New Year’s quotes may be e-mailed, handwritten, or printed via computer font and added to custom holiday cards and New Year’s party invitations
Great Quotes, Wise Quotations & Toasts for the New Year 2018
- “In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want.” ~Irish toast
- “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.” ~Benjamin Franklin
- “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
- “Resolve to make at least one person happy every day, and then in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty persons happy, or brightened a small town by your contribution to the fund of general enjoyment” ~Sydney Smith
- “Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right.” ~Oprah Winfrey
See more great quotes at: Humorous New Year Quotes, Words & Sayings
Funny New Year’s Resolution Quotes
Funny quotes about New Year’s resolutions are amusing to share with friends to help keep them motivated to stick with promises they’ve made to themselves. Some of these would also make humorous New Years Eve toasts.
- “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.” ~Author Unknown
- “He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool.” ~F.M. Knowles
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” ~Oscar Wilde
- “Many years ago I resolved never to bother with New Year’s resolutions, and I’ve stuck with it ever since.” ~Dave Beard
- “New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.” ~James Agate
- “Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people So overweight people are now average… which means, you have met your New Year’s resolution.” ~Jay Leno
- “New Year’s Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.” ~Mark Twain
Humorous New Year Quotations
- “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” ~Bill Vaughan
- “Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits.” ~Author Unknown
- “Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to.” ~Bill Vaughan
Hope, Friendship & Friendly Quotations
- “Yes, we must ever be friends; and of all who offer you friendship let me be ever the first, the truest, the nearest and dearest!” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A good friend is a connection to life – a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” ~Hubert H. Humphrey
- “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~Dr. Seuss
- “Some people come into our lives and quickly go; Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” ~Flavia Weedn, Forever
- “Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, and somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.” ~Author Unknown
Happy New Year Poems of Hope and Friendship
- A happy New Year! Grant that I / May bring no tear to any eye / When this New Year in time shall end / Let it be said I’ve played the friend, / Have lived and loved and labored here, / And made of it a happy year. ~Edgar A. Guest
- “The merry year is born / Like the bright berry from the naked thorn.” ~Hartley Coleridge
- “Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true.” ~Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 1850
Things to Do with New Year’s Quotes
- include quotes and other inspirational words in New Year’s greetings, belated Christmas cards, love letters, and invitations to New Year’s parties.
- Quotations go nicely with floral arrangements, to express loving feelings, friendship, or holiday tidings.
- Sent quotes in an e-mail to a friend or relative.
- Tweet short quotes on Twitter.
- Give a toast at an event.
- Add inspiring nice quotes to flowers, particularly holiday poinsettias, holly bouquets, and festive New Year’s floral arrangements. You can easily find florists online to deliver a romantic or friendly gift of flowers with a personal message.