Whether you are planning a fancy bash or intimate get-together with friends and loved ones, many people look forward to ringing in the New Year with a glass of bubbly, fabulous food and classic movies. Say goodbye to the old year and hello to the new with a memorable toast.
Toasts are expressions of goodwill, humor or honor traditionally offered during holidays or to commemorate special occasions such as weddings and retirements. The Internet provides many tips and hints for giving the best toasts regardless of the occasion. Toasts do not need to be long-winded or elaborate. In fact, the best toasts are often short and sweet. New Year’s Eve toasts, quotes and sayings can also be used in greeting cards as well.
Whether sentimental, humorous or serious, at the stroke of midnight, ring in the New Year right with the following quotes and toasts perfect for New Year’s Eve.
Sentimental New Year’s Eve Toasts
- “Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening and live every day as if it were your last.” ~Anonymous
- “Here’s a toast to the future, a toast to the past, and a toast to our friends, far and near. May the future be pleasant, the past a bright dream; may our friends remain faithful and dear.” ~ Anonymous
- “Here’s wishing you more happiness than all my words can tell. Not just along for New Year’s Eve but for all the year as well.” ~ Anonymous
- “Ring out the old, ring in the new. Ring happy bells, across the snow. The year is going, let him go. Ring out the fast, ring in the true.” ~ Lord Alfred Tennyson
- “May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand.” ~ Irish blessing
- “Here’s to your health this New Year’s night. Wishing your future is wealthy and bright.” ~ Michael Varma
- “Here’s to the bright New Year and a fond farewell to the old. Here’s to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold.” ~ Anonymous
- “Let us resolve to do the best we can with what we’ve got.” ~William Feather
Thought-Provoking New Year’s Eve Toasts
- “He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool.” ~ F.M. Knowles
- “Your Merry Christmas may depend on what others do for you. But your Happy New Year depends on what you do for others.” ~ Anonymous
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship but never in want.” ~ Traditional Irish toast
- “Lower your expectations of earth. This isn’t heaven, so don’t expect it to be.” ~ Max Lucado
- “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors and let each New Year find you a better man.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” ~ Buddha
Humorous New Year’s Eve Toasts
- “As you slide down the banisters of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.” ~ Anonymous
- “The Lord gives our relatives. Thank God we can choose our friends.” ~ Anonymous
- “Cheers to you, Cheers to Me. Have a Happy New Year’s Eve!” ~ Anonymous
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions!” ~ Joey Adams
- “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” ~ Bill Vaughan
- “Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to.” ~ Bill Vaughn
- “I’m a little bit older, a little bit wiser, a little bit rounder, but still not the wiser.” ~ Robert Paul
- “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other!” ~ Anonymous
- “The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year’s Eve, when you get to kiss the person you’re married to.” ~ P.J. O’Rourke.
Raise your glass and welcome in the New Year with the sentimental and humorous toasts, quotes and sayings listed above.